Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Struggling with Incompetence

I'm still waiting to do things I should/could have been doing a week ago. The stupid UCSD Core Bio Services still hasn't delivered the DNA polymerase I ordered a freaking week ago.

The point of the core is that they're supposed to keep quantities of frequently used reagents and things on hand, so that we can order something and expect it to arrive the next day, or sometimes even the same day. The problem here is that they're super disorganized. The UCSD Storehouse (where we get things like paper towels, etc.) has their shit together. When you go to their site, they tell you how many of each item they have on hand, how many are spoken for, etc.

It would be extremely helpful if the Core Bio Services would do the same. I ordered this polymerase from them because I was expecting to get it the next day, and not to be sitting here a week later still waiting for it. If I had known they were out of it, I would have ordered it from EMD Biosciences myself, because it would have been here by now.

Sigh. I hate incompetence. I have my shit together, why can't everybody else?

No comments: