Monday, June 11, 2007

Everyday example of the people I have to work with

Apparently over the weekend a post doc in my lab celebrated his birthday. The rotation student (read: first year graduate student who hasn't found a lab to permanently work in yet) who is working with him found this out, and this morning she came in with a mother-freaking balloon hat. Seriously, are we still like, 8? And the kicker is, he asked her where she learned to make them, and she said she took a class for it back in Hong Kong. Whoa.

This is the same person who referred to her cat as "my son." And she was drop-dead serious about it too.

But to top it off, being a scientist as she is, she put the damn balloon hat on the windowsill. You know, where it would sit in the light all day long and get hot until it burst. Which it just did, almost scaring the shit out of me. Genius. Or, as they say in the Guinness ads, "Brilliant!"

Dammit I'm grumpy today. I can't do half my work because the core facility doesn't have the enzyme I ordered last Wednesday and they neglected to tell us this until today, when we called and specifically asked. Awesome. I love it when people suck at doing their job.

No comments: